Friday 20 August 2010

More post production!

So less than a week before the work is due in I have decided to start the post-production from scratch!

I started this process such a long time ago that I have lost files along the way. When looking at the FCP project that I had been working on as my 'best' output I found that one of the files was compressed using the H.264 codec, which is rubbish. I must have saved the wrong version at some point as I am pretty sure that I have a version somewhere which is much better quality. I had been saving files using the Apple Intermediate codec but after having a word with one of the technicians I have decided to re-export all of the single movies (ego, shadow and persona) and compile them in FCP.

We are using a batch process to rotate and resize the images in Photoshop before putting them together in FCP as the images are much bigger than I need them to be for the composition. I will then need to crop each movie so that it is 16:9 and not it's native 4:3. I really wish that digital camera companies would start to acknowledge the 16:9 format as there really is no need to stick to a film-based ratio anymore.

Once the 3 individual films are laid out to form the triptych, I will need to alter the speed of the films until the panels are timed in a way that matches the current export, as this is what the music has been edited to. Once this is done I will have to colour-correct, add the sound and re-export using the animation codec.

I hope to get all of this done today...

No comments:

Post a Comment